In this fast-paced, high energy environment where great guest service is essential, how do we ensure all of our food court guests are happy with our service? As a Food Court Assistant Shift Manager, you will have a genuine passion for guest service, top notch organizational skills, and the ability to lead and work well in a team setting. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Function)
- *Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Assist in leading the daily operations of the venue on assigned shifts, including but not limited to conducting pre-shift meetings, delegating tasks effectively, and overseeing opening and closing duties, cleaning detail, and money handling.
- *Ensure timely, positive resolution of guest inquiries, issues, and concerns, taking proper corrective action as necessary. Refer or report serious or complex issues to management.
- *Maintain a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment.
- Assist with tracking supply inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain complete knowledge of venue service standards for all positions, menu items, beverage selections, specials, promotions, events, and policies.
- Work at other venues as assigned, based on business needs.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of related experience in a venue of similar size are required. An Associate’s degree can take the place of 1 year of experience. High volume restaurant operations experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- The ability to successfully achieve Responsible Alcohol and ServSafe certifications within 90 days.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and general knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with point-of-sale (POS) systems preferred.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups of team members.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 60 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. The team member will be exposed to, handle, and work with foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, shellfish, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website