Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Front Desk Agent contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Perform guest check in and check out. Monitor room availability, and register and make room assignments for hotel guests. Issue keys to guests.
- *Acknowledge and greet guests with a smile to establish rapport and increased guest confidence and satisfaction.
- *Create and maintain guest reservations, changes to existing reservations, and guest accounts using hotel computer systems.
- *Handle payment transactions accurately and timely. Post charges to guest accounts and make adjustments and corrections as necessary. Prepare and present statements for guests. Ensure proper procedures are followed for handling of financial transactions.
- *Attend to guest needs or special requests in a courteous and prompt manner. Handle guest communications, inquiries, complaints, and concerns and take corrective action with the goal of producing a positive interaction and experience for all hotel guests, referring difficult situations to supervisor or manager as needed.
- *Act as a resource to guests and team members by maintaining thorough knowledge of the facility, special events, promotions, and other amenities.
- Ensure hotel entrance, public areas, and front desk are safe, clean, and attractive.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. One year of related experience is preferred.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with customers and team members in a professional manner.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the office and property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member may be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 60 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website