In this fast-paced, high energy environment where attention to detail and great customer service are essential, how do we ensure each room and suite are cleaned to our superior standards and our guests’ satisfaction? As a Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor you will identify cleaning and repair needs, and supervise team members to ensure the cleanliness of each room, suite, and public area. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- * Ensure all housekeeping job assignments and room inspections are performed and completed correctly, and meet department standards
- *Identify cleaning and repair needs and potential safety hazards. Notify appropriate individual for resolution.
- *Prioritize cleaning duties and assign work accordingly.
- *Verify, provide updates, and maintain records on completed rooms and work areas and those that require further maintenance.
- *Monitor computer system in order to track room vacancies for cleaning and maintenance.
- *Distribute and collect radios, keys, and other necessary tools at the beginning and end of each shift.
- *Address guest inquiries, special requests, and complaints promptly with positive resolutions.
- Inspect room as needed.
- Assist with cleaning, stocking, prepare rooms, and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and 1 year of related experience in a department of similar size are required.
- Six months prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work with various chemicals, tools, and equipment in a safe and effective manner; be trained in blood borne pathogens; and perform required blood borne pathogens procedures.
- Office skills include the ability to use standard office equipment and general knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally, including the ability to communicate effectively in writing and the ability to speak in front of small groups of team members.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and move freely throughout property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. The hotel is a smoke free environment. The team member is regularly exposed to cleaning chemicals used in the maintenance of the property.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website