In this fast paced, high energy environment where quality is essential, how do we ensure we are producing superior food products? As the Lead Baker you will assist Pastry Back-of-House Management with leading the Bakers by assigning work, enforcing food quality standards, and ensuring guest satisfaction. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Oversee, plan, and assist in all bread and baking production, including but not limited to breads, rolls, specialty items, and breakfast pastries.
- *Lead the baking team to hold team members accountable for their performance and ensure that all food produced is monitored for taste and visual appeal; established portion control measures are followed; and the level of waste is controlled through proper production levels and converted portion guidelines.
- *Communicate departmental objectives to all team members to ensure consistency and commitment to company policies and procedures.
- *Maintain a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment. Ensure that a high level of sanitation is in place at all times and that all team members adhere to established sanitation procedures.
- *Assist in monthly inventory and rotation of stock.
- *Assist in menu development and presentations, including but not limited to establishing recipes, determining cost, and publishing new menu specifications.
- Work closely with Chefs in all venues to ensure consistency and adherence to food guidelines set by each department and the company.
- Assist in training, testing, and coaching other members of the baking team.
- Work at other venues as assigned, based on business needs.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to demonstrate advanced baking skills is required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of experience as a baker in a banquet, hotel, resort, or high volume establishment are required. An Associate’s degree can take the place of 1 year of experience.
- Six months of supervisory experience is preferred.
- The ability to successfully achieve ServSafe certification within 90 days.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and general computer skills.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and fractions.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members at all levels of the organization professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, sit, and move for prolonged periods of time in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will work near moving parts and extreme noise, such as kitchen equipment, and will be required to work in a hot environment, such as over and near ovens, cooktops, and open flames, and in a cold environment such as in freezer/production prep kitchen areas. The team member will be exposed to, handle, and work with foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, shellfish, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website