In this fast-paced, high energy environment where great guest service and attention to detail is essential, how do we ensure all of our Spa guests are happy with our service? As a Massage Therapist you will create a soothing environment and provide your guests with professional, therapeutic massage to relax and renew them. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Provide guests with thorough, knowledgeable, and professional massage services such as therapeutic, Swedish, and deep tissue massage within state guidelines.
- *Determine treatment needs and formulate a massage treatment plan based upon guest input.
- *Perform verbal intake questions regarding allergies, sensitivity to products, and any pertinent health or injury concerns. Communicate any health/injury information to the Spa Receptionist or Spa Manager to add to permanent health notes.
- *Communicate regularly with guest during treatment to ensure satisfaction and adjust treatment as needed.
- *Promote follow-up treatments, products, or services to maximize guest satisfaction.
- *Prepare treatment room before guest arrival including preparing equipment, and creating relaxing atmosphere.
- *Clean and sanitize treatment room and other spa areas adhering to Potawatomi practices and health care protocol as directed by city and state Safety and Sanitation codes.
- *Stock room with linens and products as needed.
- *Keep rooms in “showroom” condition at the end of each shift in the event of tours before and after hours.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent, completion of an accredited program in Massage Therapy, and a current Massage Therapist license issued by the state of Wisconsin are required.
- Previous Massage Therapy experience preferred.
- The ability to work safely and effectively with various cleaning agents, tools, and equipment, and complete required blood borne pathogen training.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally and the ability to make guest feel welcome and comfortable in a treatment setting.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the salon and property for the duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will use chemical cleaning products and may be exposed to blood borne pathogens. The team member is frequently exposed to fumes and airborne particles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website