In this fast-paced, high energy environment where great guest service is essential, how do we keep guests informed about all the exciting things happening at Potawatomi Hotel and Casino? As a Media Buyer you will assist the Media department to traffic advertising and marketing materials through the creative, developmental, and implementation process. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Gather information from media vendors to include but not limited to rates, avails, deadlines, and mechanical specifications; generate, place, and confirm orders with media vendors.
- *Input avails in the media buying software program.
- *Perform daily maintenance of media schedules including but not limited to revise, cancel, and change orders.
- *Conduct market research through analysis of ratings data and qualitative data.
- *Maintain up to date research indicating the changes in the advertising industry, both traditionally and digitally, being prepared to adapt new skill sets to reflect these changes.
- *Place media buys, execute media barter, trade, and on site media presence such as live remotes and promotions.
- *Analyze competitive advertising and media spending data to create comprehensive competitive analysis reports, as needed.
- *Maintain media information files and positive relationships with current vendors. Establish positive relationships with new media vendors.
- Assist in the organization and execution of promotional opportunities secured with media vendors.
- Assist the Media department to traffic advertising and marketing materials through the processes of creative development, approval, and implementation to include generating traffic instructions for all media buys.
- Assist in the auditing of all media invoices and serve as liaison for the Accounting department to approve invoices.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or related field and 2 years related experience are required. If no degree, 4 years of agency experience are required. An understanding of buying and analysis for Out of Home (OOH), Print, Digital and Broadcast Media is required.
- One year of experience in planning and executing emerging media buys is preferred.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to use strong organization skills and attention to detail to accurately handle multiple job duties and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and fractions.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as plan documents and contracts, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members at all levels of the organization professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The work environment is smoke free, when on the casino floor it is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website