In this fast-paced, high energy environment where great guest service is essential, how do we ensure that our guests are satisfied with their gaming experience and our service? As an Off Track Betting Mutuel Teller you will assist our guests by explaining, accepting, and redeeming their pari-mutuel wagers. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Operate the Off Track Betting window which includes but is not limited to explaining, accepting, and redeeming all pari-mutuel wagers for guests.
- *Follow proper procedures for all cash transactions including payment of winning tickets and recording and depositing money.
- *Explain all pari-mutuel wagers and daily racing programs to guests.
- *Provide the highest quality of guest service and hospitality for all guests.
- *Assist in the production and sales of the daily racing programs.
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of local, state, federal, and tribal gaming laws and regulations.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 6 months of cash handling experience are required.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and United States currency.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the office and property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis, without assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website