In this fast-paced, high energy environment where great guest service is essential, how do we ensure all of our convention and banquet guests are happy with our service? As a Senior Convention Services Manager, you will lead by identifying and assigning work to Banquet, Catering, and Convention team members, demonstrate top notch leadership skills, and ensure guest satisfaction. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training direct report team members; scheduling and motivating direct report team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and disciplining direct report team members up to and including termination; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Manage and oversee convention and banquet events efficiently and effectively within fiscal and operational guidelines.
- *Plan, coordinate, and implement special events and other meetings, conferences, and special projects.
- *Ensure that the administrative functions for all group related details, including timely communication to all departments effected by the events, are handled, either performing duties personally or through other members of the team.
- *Meet regularly with departments effected by group events, including but not limited to Security, Facilities, Risk & Safety, Warehouse and Finance, to review past and future events for the purpose of operational efficiencies.
- *Work with the F&B Director to develop, implement, and/or maintain effective strategies that improve operational efficiency and determine objectives for future growth by having a thorough understanding of convention operations and key performance indicators.
- *Provide leadership, direction, and support to Banquet, Catering, and Convention areas, including but not limited to improving daily operations, establishing standards, monitoring performance, and meeting with vendors.
- *Oversee the annual budget development process for Banquets, Catering, and Convention areas, with support from the Cost Controller.
- *Analyze and evaluate financial reports, and make adjustments accordingly to achieve set financial plan. Create and distribute monthly reports summarizing event results and improvement plans.
- *Execute programs which improve guest service, team building, team efficiency, and team member morale.
- *Responsible for the accuracy and thoroughness of department records and reports.
- *Maintain an active marketing and promotion schedule to drive revenue for the Convention outlets.
- Stay current in convention industry trends, changes, products, technology, and competition.
- Establish, update, and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of progressively responsible, related experience are required. If no degree, 9 years of progressively responsible, related experience is required. Experience in an organization of similar size is required.
- Three years of managerial experience is required.
- The ability to successfully achieve Responsible Alcohol and ServSafe certifications within 90 days.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with scheduling and labor productivity software required, Kronos preferred. Experience with point-of-sale (POS) systems required, Micros Symphony preferred. Experience with procurement and inventory management systems required, Red Rock preferred.
- The ability to use strong organization skills and attention to detail to accurately handle multiple job duties and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with and understand the interests of stakeholders at all levels, as well as the impact of those interests on PH&C and its goals. The ability to communicate effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the office and property. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member may be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website