Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Responsible to interact and build relationships with guests, with a concentration in the higher worth players and develop qualified players to consolidate their play at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino with the goal of growing a critical source of revenue for the business.
- *Use discretion and independent judgement with respect to the issuance of complimentary services to our guests, including monetary and high-value rewards, in order to grow rated revenue.
- *Monitor player activity through use of the on-line systems and act to promote play with the appropriate action to include but not limited to in person contact, email, letter, text and phone call in a timely manner. Arrange accommodations and amenities (i.e. shows, hotel, restaurant, transportations and etc.).
- *Seek out targeted players and sign them up for Fire Keepers Club (FKC).
- *Assist with the execution of assigned parties, promotions, special events, and tournaments.
- *Provide valuable feedback to the management team on guest preferences and their expectations.
- *Maintain up to date knowledge of all gaming machines, table games, promotions, events, entertainment, and general property information.
- Work independently to resolve guests concerns and conflicts, in a fair and equitable manner.
- Respond to guests’ requests and inquiries to provide guest satisfaction.
- Facilitate full integration with all casino departments to provide ultimate guest services.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field is preferred. Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Four years of Executive Host or related experience, with 2 years of Chicagoland market experience is required.
- The ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including overnight travel is required.
- Must hold a valid, state-issued non-probationary Driver’s License and maintain a safe/good driving record including:
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No more than 2 at-fault accidents in the past 3 years.
- No conviction for driving while impaired (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI) within the last 3 years.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and general knowledge of Microsoft Office. Casino Management and Contact Management Systems knowledge preferred.
- The ability to use strong organization skills and attention to detail to accurately handle multiple job duties and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read and interpret written instructions and diagrams.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members at all levels of the organization professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups.
- The ability to respond to guests and team member’s voicemails, texts, and emails 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member may walk 10,000 or more steps daily and must be able to walk quickly from one end of the Casino to the other responding to guests. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 25 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will occasionally be required to drive a personal vehicle.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website