Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by providing unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members up to and including termination; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Ensure efficient operations, administration, and performance of Slot Operations on assigned shift.
- *Delegate and track assignments to ensure that all functions of the shift are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- *Update departmental procedure manuals and the proper documentation and storage of all relevant materials. Provide recommendations and suggestions, when appropriate, to improve policies, procedures, or the facility.
- *Resolve guest concerns and complaints, both written and verbal, in a timely fashion.
- *Ensure that a maximum level of guest service is achieved and adhered to throughout the department.
- *Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of all departmental records and reports. Verify and review all shift paperwork for accuracy and investigate any discrepancies found.
- *Promote an orderly and positive working environment throughout the Slot Department.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all PH&C’s activities and facilities including but not limited to special promotions and events in order to provide information to team members as well as guests.
- Maintain knowledge of gaming laws and regulations.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of work experience in Slot Operations in a department of similar size are required.
- Three years of supervisory/management experience are required. A Bachelor’s Degree can take the place of 1 year of supervisory/management experience. An Associate’s Degree can take the place of 6 months of supervisory/management experience.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and the ability to demonstrate Microsoft Excel skills.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and United States currency.
- The ability to read and interpret written instructions and diagrams.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact and communicate with guests and team members at all levels of the organization professionally, in verbal form and demonstrated written form, including the ability to speak in front of small groups.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the office and property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 30 pounds on a regular basis without assistance or more with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website