Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Sports Bar Cook 2 contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Work in different kitchens to gain knowledge of the preparation of food, completes the Culinary Academy within 6 months.
- *Maintain a high standard for personal hygiene and sanitation.
- *Maintain clean and safe working environment
- *Strive to perform duties of all positions within the kitchen.
- *Perform opening and closing duties and side work as assigned.
- *Volunteer to assist other team members as needed.
- *Learn to operate and clean all equipment used in department safely.
- *Maintain a courteous and helpful relationship with internal and external guests.
- *Perform duties quickly and efficiently.
- *Perform cleaning of coolers, freezers, and other storage areas as assigned.
- *Assist in storing and rotating of all inventories as needed (FIFO).
- *Participate in scheduled training and random testing for evaluation and coaching purpose.
- Based on business needs, may be required to work at other venues as assigned.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Minimum of two years culinary experience, or culinary school preferred, ServSafe certified.
- Basic knowledge of understanding fryers (oils and their temperatures), grill simple meats (hamburgers, hot dogs), basic oven uses (bake chicken, fish).
- Demonstrate advanced knife skills.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge (produce, meat, and seafood identification).
- Knowledge of understanding complex salad construction and cold food preparation.
- Ability to understand and perform job assignments.
- Ability to understand and follow recipes and other directions.
- Able to work independently with reasonable supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards each guest and fellow employee and participate in a strong team effort.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Requires prolonged periods of being on their feet.
- Light/moderate/heavy lifting is required (up to 80 pounds).
- Required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase and it is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website