Deliver management and direction for the Project Management Teams. The teams are accountable for managing and monitoring the project lifecycle to ensure projects are executed within their scope, schedule, budget, quality level, and targeted benefit realization — the project lifecycle includes, from the requirement phase through project retirement.
- Strong, active leadership in a matrix environment to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programs to ensure successful delivery. Ensure the department has the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully
- Provide performance feedback and goal-setting; conducts annual performance assessments and skill development and training
- Ensures a clear and consistent approach is followed and is aligned with corporate objectives
- Resolve significant order related issues with a focus on customer service, commercial and contractual obligations
- Acts as primary communication linkage between business and customers regarding contracts and project's progress
- Attend/Chair meetings as required to resolve issues and provide status updates
- Contribute to organizational business and budget planning process
- Proactively engage with Directors and Senior Managers to identify opportunities for business improvements
- Stakeholder management, build relationships with internal and external individuals for positive project engagement
- Liaise closely with business partners (Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, Purchasing) to ensure accurate & robust budget monitoring against project plans
- Track and monitor benefits realization against planned targets
- Member of the Corporate International Project Management Council
- Attend local professional associations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- BS/BA Degree with a minimum of ten years relevant, progressive work experience or BS/BA Degree with MBA, MS plus eight years minimum relevant work experience
- Be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or have a management level certification from the Association of Project Management (APM)
- 5-8 years of direct leadership experience.
- Previous Project Management experience with P/L responsibilities
- Previous Project Management managerial or supervisory experience
- Experience in a custom manufacturing or complex business environment preferred
- Previous experience utilizing Projects related software (i.e. - Primavera, Microsoft Projects, Excel and Oracle) with the ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports
Expected Competencies include:
- Business Acumen (Business Strategy, Contract Management)
- Leadership (Inclusiveness, Critical Thinking)
- Technical Project Management (Professional Execution within a formal framework)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a matrix-organized team through the lifecycle of a project
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Detail-oriented and results-driven
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based on limited information
- Established ability to negotiate with and influence customers, subcontractors and other key stakeholders
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Technically astute
The employee typically performs duties in a normal office environment. There may be some work in a manufacturing environment and exposure to the elements of our factory. Additionally, there may be some work performed in the field with exposure to construction sites or active customer facilities.
It is the policy of Powell Industries to promote safe working conditions for all employees, to make available where necessary special equipment to protect employees against specific hazards, to reduce accidents through prevention programs, and to establish rules that are designed for the safety of all. It is the responsibility of each employee to adhere to this policy, as well as to observe all safety practices and exercise every precaution for the safety of accidents.
This position is expected to travel approximately 5-10% of the time and must be able to travel with short notice and/or for extended periods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to touch, hold, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending, or descending stairs
#LI - AB1
Apply on company website