Powell People Solving Tough Problems
As a top player in Switchgear and E-house Manufacturing, Field & Valve Servicing, a career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems. You will be rewarded with growth, personal development & industry expertise. At Powell, we appreciate our employees by providing a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, extensive benefits and job training all within a professional & friendly working environment.
Based out of the Electrical Division Edmonton (EDE) location, the QA Coordinator will report to the Operations Support Supervisor. The QA Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Quality Team in the implementation, training, process improvement, and auditing of the quality management system.
- Manage the QA System platform on Powell's Internal Website ensuring that documentation meets the quality requirements, is up-to-date and assigned to the appropriate groups.
- Assist with QA System procedure development & updates.
- Coordinate the development and review of QA work instructions, policies, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and completion of Internal Audits.
- Consolidate internal audit results and write final audit reports.
- Coordinate Powell's ISO Certification Audits with a third party Certification Company.
- Support the development and updating of QC/QA metrics.
- Analyze QC/QA metrics for all departments and work with the teams to develop continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilize Powell's Oracle based Non Conformance (NCR's) System to ensure NCR's are assigned to the appropriate department, and closed on a monthly basis.
- Build relationships with various internal customers throughout the company; including the QC team, engineering, project management, manufacturing management and shop personnel.
- Regular interaction with: QA Manager, QC Lead, QC Inspectors, Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing Management, Shop Personnel and Purchasing.
- Represent Powell and it's Quality System to our customer for external audits.
- Assist with developing training class material and help support the maintenance of Powell's training system.
- Read, interpret, and apply the ISO quality system standard.
- Other duties as required.
Job Requirements – Core Competencies
- Ability to work and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively write, speak and generally communicate to engage employees, management, and others in a productive and credible manner.
- Ability to write clear and concise audit reports.
- Exemplify a professional demeanor as well as a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of processes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency along with action oriented work ethic.
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to analyze problems, determine root cause and take effective corrective action.
- Ability to learn policies and procedures, work instructions and ISO standards.
- Ability to promote a positive quality culture.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor's degree considered an asset (BA, BSc, etc.).
- Previous experience working in a Quality Assurance department.
- 1 – 4 years of direct experience as an administrator in a Quality Assurance department.
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio.
- Qualified as an ISO QA systems auditor.
- Familiar with the ISO9001:2015 requirements.
- An understanding of Six Sigma or similar Quality measurement practices.
Who we are
Powell Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Powell Industries, which is located in Houston, Texas. Globally, we have over 70 years of experience. Powell Canada is a reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting company. We hold a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Montreal and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer's needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website