Responsible for the development, validation and support of firmware for industrial embedded products from concept to formal release into customer facing applications.
- From defined specifications, formulate and execute a plan for the design, development and validation of firmware for embedded industrial platforms. This will include new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Generate and maintain detailed technical documents as required during the course of product development.
- With the R&D Manager agree a plan for the work allocated and be responsible for the execution, accuracy and content of the defined work.
- Provide support for existing electronic and software products, as required by both the company and its customers. Duties will include training, technical consulting and application of technical knowledge.
- Collaboration within the department and cross functional teams to deliver the software products as required.
- Ensure that company procedures and standards are adhered to.
- To maintain and enhance one's knowledge of the latest technology to sustain and improve the company's products.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties, as assigned, which are within the capabilities of the job holder.
- BS Degree in Software or Electrical Engineering (or related) area.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in industrial embedded product development role.
- Demonstrable project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable strong verbal and written communication skills with specific technical document writing and presentation experience.
- Demonstrable complex analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. (Self-motivated and self-managing).
- Participation in a professional society desired.
- Extensive knowledge with demonstrable experience of the following is required:
- Structured software & validation processes design.
- Test Driven development approach preferred
- Embedded software development in "C" and ”C++”
- RTOS principals and operation.
- Familiarity with & knowledge of the following is required:
- Database design and implementation (SQL based platform preferred).
- PC based software development using “C#” or similar.
- Electrical switchgear and controlgear for industrial power control, distribution and protection.
- Awareness of regulatory standards (ANSI, IEEE, IEC).
- Industrial control protocols (eg. IEC 61850, DNP3, Modbus, Devicenet, Profibus etc).
- Generally requires working in a climate-controlled environment.
- Physical requirements include talking, hearing, reaching, and the ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse.
- To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- There will be some work in a laboratory and shop environments and exposure to the elements of our shop.
- There will be some work performed in the field with exposure to construction sites or active customer facilities.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position, but rather to act as a guide to the general work to be performed. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual's competencies and customer requirements impact the actual role performed.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
- Perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with the fingertips.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
Apply on company website