Prince Telecom, a national leader in the telecommunications field, is hiring for a Project Manager out of Des Moines, IA, area. Responsible for managing all fiber optic construction and installation operations in accordance with the customer and industry specifications.
- Manage all operations to ensure that all fiber optic construction/installation operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications. This includes ensuring that all employees working on project are working safely and productively.
- Provide OJT training for employees working under your direction on construction practices and methods to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Act as liaison between Prince Telecom and our MSO.
- Train, supervise, discipline, evaluate field technicians, office support personnel, and warehouse functions.
- Ensure and maintain all MSO and company quality control and safety requirements.
- Identify performance issues and recommend and implement corrective action.
- Assign daily production to in-house and subcontract laborers and crews.
- Requisition, assign and track materials needed for the daily operations.
- Perform audits of construction/installation operations to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specifications and monitor safe work practices.
- Resolve complaints with property owners in areas where our personnel are working.
- Review daily production reports, material usage sheets, keep track of work hours, complete and maintain accurate "as-built maps" for areas built.
- Reconcile all issued parts and materials on a daily basis to ensure accurate material usage counts.
- Verify submitted Daily Production Reports for accuracy and approve recorded production for billing purposes.
- Possess a valid driver's license (class "C" minimum) or be eligible and willing to obtain the required license for the position (possibly class "B" - light commercial).
- Capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Must be able to read construction maps.
- Able to perform the physical tasks required in this position for the entire assigned shift.
- Provide verifiable evidence of experience in Fiber Optic construction/installation field and prior Managerial experience in construction/installation or related field.
- Complete Weekly Report which summarizes all operational concerns i.e. converter.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have 3 years management experience in underground/overhead construction and installation
- Must pass extensive background investigation, DMV background and drug screen.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Apply on company website