Now Baking – baker, laminator, & mixer – various shifts
Starbucks is a different kind of company that celebrates coffee, it's rich tradition, and a feeling of connection. In 2016 we announced a partnership with Princi, a renowned boutique bakery and café founded by Rocco Princi in 1986. Known for its artisan breads created from traditional family recipes, Princi's locations have become beloved experiences for customers across Milan and London.
Starbucks is now making Princi food items in centralized kitchens to be served across our Roastery and Princi Bakery locations. The kitchen team will bring life to the Princi brand by creating handcrafted foods such as pastries, fresh fruit tarts, cakes, fresh soups, salads, focaccia, Roman-style pizza as well as artisanal baked breads.
Our bakers have a unique and exciting opportunity to create amazing Princi baked goods. The candidate for this role will have a focus on baking production and quality. This candidate will support the management of inventory, training and equipment maintenance per need of the kitchen.
As a partner on our baker team, you'll be able to apply your past baking and culinary leadership experience to:
- Prepare breads using sourdough process, croissants, brioche, laminated enriched doughs, pizza, rolls and buns. All products must be produced according to established recipes and formulas.
- Laminate and shape dough according to Princi standards and specs.
- Laminate, roll, cut, and shape dough by hand to form variety of products
- Supports and performs cutting and weighing of dough into uniform portions with bench knife or automatic divider. Shapes dough into loaves or other shapes, and places in pans, on boards, couches or proofing baskets; proofs dough and bakes in oven using peel and/or oven loader using either the deck oven or rotating rack oven; inspects product for quality during and after baking and adjusts processes as required
- Support receipt of ingredients and other supplies from main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations
- Work closely with other kitchen leaders and staff to ensure effective production of items
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities
- Ability to lift 25-50+ lbs
Summary of Experiences
- Superior performer who represents the Starbucks Mission Statement in daily work
- Agility in dealing with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment
- Strong abilities as a team player and communicator
- 1-2 years of baking experience preferred
- Open availability and flexibility in scheduling
- Current local health and safety certifications
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Apply on company website