Job Summary and Mission:
This role contributes to Starbucks success by providing technical leadership in microservices applications development for complex projects. Makes decisions on complex or ambiguous application development issues. Provides supervision and guidance in service development activities. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Creates complex prototypes. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements highly complex software applications. Provides technical direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks Guiding Principles.
- 10-15 years of professional industry experiencewith software development and platform management
- 5 years of leading teams of six or more softwaredevelopers
- 3 years of demonstrating technical leadershipacross multiple platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relatedfield
- 8years analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to application or businessprocess issues
- 8years providing technical oversight and guidance on technical projects on avariety of application platforms
- 6years mentoring, coaching and leading other technical team members
- 2years of Microservice application development experience
- 2years of Reactive application development experience
- 2 years of DevOps experience
Required Knowledge,Skills and Abilities:
- Strongworking knowledge of SQL and No-SQL Platforms. Experience with Cassandrapreferred
- Extensivedevelopment experience with Java, Object-Oriented Programming, and Scala is aplus
- Operationalizationof microservice platform, experience with platforms and tools such Datadog,Statsd, Prometheus or similar tools
- Instrumentationof services, implementation of monitoring and alerting, and triaging ofproduction issues.
- Strongworking knowledge of microservices development and relevant technologies suchas orchestration, service discovery, service gateways and proxying
- Strongworking knowledge of Reactive application development tools and relevanttechnologies such as Akka, Spring Boot, CQRS, event sourcing, Kafka, Sparkand/or Flink
- Experiencein architecting and building large-scale microservice solutions
- Experiencein architecting and building service API's is a plus
- Experienceworking in a containerized environment and general orchestration of containersto provide a scalable, resilient and fault tolerant system.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website