Now Baking – Savory Cook II, Princi Kitchen
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that celebrates coffee, it's rich tradition, and a feeling of connection. Continuing our quest in 2016, we announced a partnership with Princi, a renowned boutique bakery and café founded by Rocco Princi in 1986. Known for its artisan breads created from traditional family recipes, Princi's six locations have become beloved experiences for customers across Milan and London.
Through the shared values for handcrafted experiences, Starbucks will expand standalone Princi specialty stores and begin including fresh baking in Starbucks Roasteries and Reserve stores, with the first opening in New York City in 2018.
To bring this vision to life we will be opening a Princi Kitchen in [LOCATION] to prepare all the food served in Roasteries and Princi Bakeries. The newly hired kitchen team will continue to bring to life the Princi brand by creating handcrafted foods such as pastries, cakes, fresh soups, salads and focaccia-style pizza as well as artisanal baked breads.
Join us on this special journey!
The Princi Kitchen Savory Cook II role will have a unique and exciting opportunity to open our kitchen and help to create and refine how we bring Princi to life in our stores. The candidate for this role must have an unwavering focus on food production and quality. He/she will be responsible for supervising the savory team personnel and assisting with the preparation of food preparation in large quantities ensuring that quality and cost standards are consistently attained. This individual assists the savory manager in supervising food production for all food locations, catering events, and other functions. This candidate support the management of inventory, training, labor and equipment maintenance per need of the kitchen.
As the Savory Cook II, Princi Kitchen, you'll be able to apply your past culinary leadership experience to:
Food Production Leadership
• Prepares or directly supervises the preparation of a wide variety of food items, soups and sauces per prescribed recipes.
• Assists the savory manager with inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning, and issuing supplies and equipment for food production.
• Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, presentation, and flavor of foods.
Planning & Prioritizing
• Consults on proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
• May support completion of production sheets and other records as required.
• Assists in preparation of reports, costs menus, makes schedules, and performs administrative duties as assigned.
Coaching Performance & Development
• May support hiring activities and supervision of savory team when management team is not present
• Supports the development of partners through meaningful coaching conversations informed by observed performance
Culture & Effective Communication
• Set inspirational tone for partners by role modeling Starbucks Mission and Values along with the Princi vision
Summary of Experiences
-Superior performer who represents the Starbucks Mission Statement in daily work.
-Demonstrated agility in dealing with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment
-Able to organize and deploy work across people
-Excellent coach and role model of Starbucks & Princi culture and values.
-Demonstrates strong abilities as a team player and leader.
-Ability to build strong relationships and engage across differing cultures and societies
-Demonstrated food service and production experience (2-3 years)
-Culinary Supervision (2 years)
-Current local health and safety certifications
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website