ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Hours: Clinic hours are 0800-1630; some variation at times
Part Time with Benefits
We are looking for an additional energetic, welcoming presence for our patients at the reception desks for Women's Services. Job duties include: answers incoming clinic calls, and prepares patient charts for procedures and storage. Checks patients in upon arrival updating demographic and insurance information as necessary. Acts as a resource person for all clinic staff. Provides direct administrative assistance to management team. Assists with facilitating communication between patient, family, staff and management within organization and shares responsibility for opening/closing duties for the clinic.
The Clerk IV does the following (and other duties as needed):
- Answers the telephone, takes and relays messages and responds to phone inquiries.
- Assists check in and check out of patient appointments, answering questions and scheduling follow up appointments.
- Assists in the completion of exemption forms and the retrieval and research of recorded documents.
- Makes and confirms appointments as directed and works the referral and appointment queues.
- Organizes and maintains files of records and correspondence of both a routine and confidential nature.
- Receives a variety of documents, computer entry, document filing, posts changes to permanent record books balancing the resulting figures against print-outs/tie-outs.
- Types bills for copies, map orders, etc.; may collect for fees, maintains ledgers of accounting for fees and receipts deposits.
- Utilizes a computer to maintain a variety of records, enters and updates data.
- Interprets routine administrative policies and decisions as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience in a medical administrative assistant role preferred.
- Basic clerical skills - to include data entry, keyboarding, and ability to use the phones required.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a changing environment required.
Click here to learn more about working at ProHealth Care.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website