ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Schedule: Monday-Friday Day Shifts; The position will work 5 days at Pewaukee Campus with possible days at other campuses.
Full Time Benefits
The RN Intake & Triage Coordinator is a vital member of the Medical Oncoloy team at the UW Health at ProHealth Care Cancer Center locations. This individual is responsible for the following:
• Initiates, monitors and evaluates best practices for new patient referrals to Hematology/Oncology.
• Collaborates with physicians, advanced practice providers, and ancillary health care team members to coordinate system resources to maximize appointment efficiency for new patients.
• Advocates for the patient by providing support and resources in order to reach optimal hematology/oncology care
• Develops a patient-centered plan of efficient care, operating from an in depth understanding of their unique meaning of health, illness and disease
• Maintains a broad perspective of the patient's journey across the Continuum of Care in order to assist with navigation and coordination of care
• Establishes trusting relationships with patients and families/caregivers
• Applies a flexible and creative approach to problem solving
• Creates communication to empower patients to seek the appropriate medical care.
• Triages patient calls to the appropriate service (i.e. Triage Bay, ED, appointment).
The responsibilities of this nurse include:
• Assists the patient in getting appropriate appointments to address their unique diagnosis.
• Coordinates appropriate referral information from the referring provider.
• Determines patient acuity/urgency based on diagnosis and medical record clinical information.
• Facilitates patient access to the appropriate Cancer Care team
• Assesses patient knowledge, skills and confidence they have in understanding their disease
• Employs Motivational Interviewing to assist patients in identifying their unique disease evaluation needs
• Promotes stress management by helping the patient and family cope with the fears and concerns that accompany life and health changes
• Provides evidence-based patient education and assists in shared decision-making
• Provides care coordination and collaboration during patient transitions across the Continuum of Care
• Identifies barriers to disease self-management and self-care
• Functions independently and possesses the internal discipline/drive to guide care for patients with complex health needs
• Completes all EHR documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance
• Demonstrates effective use of healthcare and information technology resources
• Attends appropriate educational opportunities and shares knowledge and experiences with others in formal and informal settings. Maximizes personal growth and develops an individual educational plan.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the values of the ProHealth Experience: Respect, Relationships, Communication, Collaboration and Excellence
- Registered Nurse (RN), WI or eNLC State
- Associates degree in nursing required, bachelors preferred
- Minimum of 2 Years experience in nursing
- Basic understanding of computer use, Microsoft Outlook, internet and health information technology (Epic EHR required).
- Proficient in Epic EHR, Microsoft Office suite and other health information technology. *CA #LI-MO
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website