Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Senior Project Manager - Remote
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful planning and execution of projects as assigned by the Director of the Program Management Office or the Chief Operating Officer. Projects may be moderately to highly complex and could involve a diverse set of components with cross functional departments for the key operational initiatives of the company. Projects cover a variety of operational initiatives including new market / contract launches, new service line implementations, website re-launch & maintenance, government & regulatory compliances, PCP practice transformations. The successful Senior Project Manager must be able to quickly adapt to different sizes and types of project, and must be able to utilize best practice project management techniques to plan, organize, monitor, risk mitigate and close assigned departmental and multi-departmental projects. Motivates all involved parties (both internal and external to company) to achieve the project objectives efficiently, effectively and within agreed upon time, cost and performance criteria. Works on multiple projects and manages multi-functional teams, while maintaining excellent communication with management. Uses independent judgment, initiative and tact; completing assignments with minimal supervision.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Successfully manage assigned projects through the entire project management life cycle, from initiation through execution and closure. Drive the project teams in evaluating, analyzing, planning, organizing, executing and deploying projects.
- Apply best practice project management techniques and activities, including, but not limited to, risk and issue management, scope management, schedule management, communications management, cost management, and benefits management.
- Concurrently manage multiple projects that may be at various points of the project life cycle. Develop and maintain strong working, professional relationships with executive and functional staff associated with assigned projects.
- Work collaboratively with project executives and project team members to successfully complete the project and its associated deliverables. Drive diverse teams to consensus and move teams toward achievement of interim milestones and project goals.
- Serve as a liaison between the Program Management Office and the business unit sponsoring the assigned project, cascading necessary information as appropriate.
- Coordinate, assign and monitor the performance of project team members in accordance with the baselined project schedule.
- Proactively perform front line, tactical activities as needed to help keep assigned projects on track for successful completion.
- Demonstrate active awareness, with the ability to initiate, observe and listen to verbal and nonverbal interactions and events and process this input to adjust a course of action.
- Actively monitor and report on the progress of projects against baselined artifacts. Work with project team members to monitor performance.
- Identify risks and issues and conduct follow-up on off-track/lagging projects and tasks. Develop strategies and action plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks. Escalate risk and issues as appropriate for timely resolution and mitigation.
- Partner with the Director of Program Management Office to develop and manage portfolio and strategize for team and business success. Proactively make recommendations and propose solutions for business and team's success and continuous improvement.
- Understand and articulate the impact of projects on the business function, the potential impact on associated functions, and how decisions are made regarding the project.
- Complete ad hoc analyses as needed for each assigned project. Make solid assumptions and develop findings into actionable recommendations.
- Notify the Director of Program Management Office of developing situations to be monitored.
- Successfully facilitate meetings.
- Build and maintain an internal network for information support.
- Proactively seek to develop own skills and those of project team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned, PM's may have to wear operational hats at times in order to move project forward.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Five (5+) or more years' experience in healthcare, preferably in an IPA operational setting. Knowledge of HIPAA compliance issues is vital. At least five (5) years related experience managing small, medium and large projects. Must have strong working knowledge of MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel, and Visio.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Certification in Project Management (PMP) desired.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Apply on company website