Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Inpatient Case Manager - Part Time
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
Responsible for coordination of daily inpatient services including assessments, treatment planning, monitoring, evaluation, documentation and discharge planning function in accordance with Prospect Medical Group policies, procedure and processes. Interacts with the Medical Directors and hospitalists on a daily basis to determine necessity of continued stay.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Effectively manage patients either telephonically or onsite during their hospitalization to ensure the appropriate level of care is provided for the patient's severity of illness. Utilizes the appropriate tests and diagnostics in the right facilities to facilitate the highest level of care in the most efficient manner. Communicates effectively with facility staff and hospitalist to gather clinical information through verbal and written communications, and provides timely and accurate responses to request information or provide authorization decisions.
- Interacts with hospitalists and patients daily to evaluate plan of care including discharge planning to determine that patients are receiving quality care and appropriate discharge disposition. Applies medical knowledge to authorize outpatient services as an alternative to hospitalization when appropriate. Arranges for transfer to in-network care when appropriate.
- Updates clinical information in the electronic medical management record system with treatment plan, objectives, results and next steps. Documents all information accurately.
- Initiates and continues direct communication with health care providers involved with the care of the member, including the IPA or Hospitals Group if applicable, to obtain complete and accurate information. Applies appropriate benefits.
- Anticipates and initiates discharge planning within twenty four hours (24 hours) of admission, completes post discharge call within 24 hours to identify barriers and prevent readmission. Identifies post discharge care needs and refer to the appropriate outpatient programs and/or providers.
- Utilizes current approved criteria along with clinical experience to make authorization decisions. Identifies cases not meeting criteria and provides clinical information and rationale to the Medical Director for review and determination.
- Actively participates in daily rounds with current and accurate clinical information. Prepared to discuss current treatment plans from the Hospitalists or Specialists, plan of care for discharge disposition and continuity of care.
- Effectively manage an average census of 20-25 patients at any given time.
- May be required to take After Hours On-Call pager coverage as assigned.
- Refers cases to the Medical Director as appropriate for denial of stay or review of potential observation status.
- May be responsible for timely development of denial letter language and member/provider notification regarding Medical Director's review determination.
- Identifies and refers cases appropriately for CCS, High Risk, Homebound, Hospice/Palliative, SNF, QI and Health Education, per policy, and documents referral in case file. Actively participates in internal quality and work flow enhancement projects, and other duties, as assigned. Identifies and reports departmental operational issues and resource needs to the appropriate identifies and reports under and over utilization of medical services, delays in service by provider or hospital or treatment and quality of care issues to the Medical Director.
- Triage all emergency room calls and make a determination in collaboration with the physician and using MCG guidelines on whether patient meets criteria for admission, transfer or discharge to a lower level of care.
- Facilitate transfer of stable patients from out of network non-contracted hospitals to the appropriate in network contracted hospitals based on the IPA/MSO contracts. Transfer higher level of care cases and completes transfer back agreements when required.
- May be required to work after hours and weekends.
Minimum Education: High School graduate required; Associate in Arts degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Three to five (3-5) years experience in a medical group or Health Plan setting with strong clinical skills and critical thinking. A t least 4 year's of concurrent review experience, preferably in a managed care setting. Experience with Microsoft Office Word (50 WPM).
Req. Certification/Licensure: RN/LPN active unrestricted license.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Healthcare Management, Quality assessment, Utilization review, Discharge planning, Social Service, Infection control, Risk Management, Quality improvement, Management, Client Advocacy, Supervisor, Registered Nurse
Apply on company website