Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Rehabilitation Therapist - Per Diem, VAR (Van Nuys)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Rehabilitation Therapist provides an aspect of active treatment, involving individualized assessment, treatment planning, treatment implementation and evaluation to restore, remediate or rehabilitate specific aspects of physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and spiritual functioning to assist patients who have medical, psychiatric, developmental disabilities, substance abuse, sensory impairments or other disabling conditions to improve functioning and independence in life activities. The recreation therapy intervention facilitates quality of life with the development, maintenance, growth, and expression of a healthy leisure lifestyle. The continuum of services includes treatment, leisure education, and recreation participation.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Conducts an individualized assessment to collect data to determine a course of action for treatment. Plans and develops an individualized treatment plan and identifies goals and objectives with treatment interventions to restore and improve function from the disability. Plans, leads, and engages the patient in structured therapeutic groups according to their treatment goals. Counsels and educates patients. Ensures documentation and outcomes are recorded for each group. Attends required milieu meetings.
- Reassess and evaluates patient's progress relative to the treatment plan, based on the changes in the interventions and patient responses. Modifies the patient treatment plan and interventions as needed. Develops a discharge plan based on the outcomes of the treatment. Attends interdisciplinary, treatment planning, and rehab. meetings as scheduled.
- Develops a discharge plan in collaboration with the patient and significant others to continue treatment upon discharge. Facilitates mainstreaming the patient into the community with recommended resources.
- Ensures patient safety in all groups. Maintains accountability for equipment according to hospital policy to ensure patient safety. Ensures infection control and HIPPA compliance.
- Ethical code of conduct adhering to providing patient services that are professional. Provide empathy, compassion, understanding, and support to patients. Demonstrate care appropriate for the age, cultural, religious, gender, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physician, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in related fields such as, Art, Music, Dance, Psychology, Sociology, Kinesiology, and Education from an accredited college or university required.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year of paid clinical experience in a psychiatric and/or acute care hospital or community setting. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Previous two (2) years' experience as a Recreational Therapist in an acute care hospital or community setting preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Certification as a Recreation Therapist (National, CTRS or State, RTC or eligible for certification) required. OR Certification/License as an Art Therapist, Music Therapist or Dance Therapist required. AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Rehab, Rehabilitation, Recreational Aide, Therapy, Therapist, Ancillary
Apply on company website