Clinical Pharmacist - Rhode Island
The main responsibilities of the Clinical Pharmacist include: 1) providing medication therapy management (MTM) for high risk patients.2) assisting medical office staff with medication recommendations and alternative options based on insurance formularies; 3) providing physician and member education and assistance telephonically and in person; 4) working with ACO patients through various outreach programs to close gaps in health.
- Close clinical gaps to improve CMS STAR ratings
- Develop, implement, and manage clinical pharmacy programs
- Attend physician / office manager meetings
- Develop educational tools (e.g., newsletters, bulletins)
- Provide comprehensive medication reviews and targeted interventions for members
- Resolve medication issues with prescribers
- Provide medication consultations to members
- Attend interdisciplinary clinical rounds to provide pharmacy recommendations.
- Provide medication consultations to ensure appropriate uses of medications (e.g., medication adherence).
- Document communications with physician offices and members regarding pharmacy recommendations in appropriate pharmacy & case management systems.
- Assist members with financial difficulties to find cost effective options to ensure compliance and adherence to medication regimens.
- Make clinical and cost-effective drug interventions at point of prescribing in physician offices as appropriate.
Minimum Education: The candidate must hold an active pharmacist license in Rhode Island.
Minimum Experience: The candidate must hold an active pharmacist license. Prior experience of MTM is preferred. Experience using the OutcomesMTM platform is preferred. A prior pharmacy residency program or managed care experience (e.g., health plans, pharmacy benefit management companies, medical groups) is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and OneNote. Good communication skills, ability to successfully navigate within an interpersonal dynamic, and ability to critically think to resolve questions posed are essential to the work expected of the pharmacist.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active pharmacist license in Rhode Island.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Clinical Pharmacist, MTM, medication management
Apply on company website