The International Heart Institute of Montana, a nationally recognized center of cardiovascular excellence, is seeking an experienced, board-certified vascular surgeon with proven leadership skills to join its team at Providence St. Patrick Hospital as Director of Vascular Surgery. You'll receive a nationally competitive salary, with additional compensation for being the director.
The International Heart Institute is a joint surgical/cardiology practice, providing the full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic services. Its Foundation actively pursues clinical research and ongoing physician- and community-based educational activities, the centerpiece of which is the annual Rocky Mountain Heart Valve Symposium. If you're envisioning a better work-life balance, you'll love living and working in the university town of Missoula amidst the majestic Rocky Mountains.
- Full-time opportunity to lead growing vascular surgery program in underserved community
- Advanced vascular surgical, endovascular and decision-making skills required
- Culture is one of collegiality, intellectual honesty and delivery of guideline-based care with compassion and respect
- Clinical support of 1 full-time PA, 3 full-time vascular certified RNs and 1 full-time certified medical assistant
- Clinic-based vascular imaging performed by dedicated sonographers provides outstanding image quality for developing patients' plan of care
- 1:3 call
- Competitive base salary plus incentive program linked to quality metrics that can significantly increase earning potential
- Benefits package includes malpractice insurance, health insurance, matching retirement plan, 40 paid days off, 5 CME days and a CME allowance
- Relocation allowance will be provided
Where You'll Work
Providence St. Patrick Hospital is a pillar of the community in Western Montana, providing the most advanced care in the region. A designated Primary Stroke Center, this 253-bed, Level II trauma facility has been named a Top 100 Hospital by Thomson Reuters and earned the Women's Choice Award as one of America's Best Breast Centers. By housing the International Heart Institute of Montana and collaborating with the University of Montana, Providence St. Patrick leverages scientific expertise to the benefit of patients.
Where You'll Live
Missoula is a sophisticated university town of 65,000 halfway between Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. The area offers unlimited recreational opportunities like skiing, paddling, fishing and hiking. Its numerous cultural amenities, including a symphony and active theater, fuel a vibrant arts scene. Missoula is a family-oriented community with great public schools, universities and social activities year-round. Western Montana's summers consist of long, adventure-inspiring days and starry nights, and its winters are mild.
Who You'll Work For
Providence Health & Services (PH&S) offers a comprehensive range of health and social services at more than 20 hospitals, 400 clinics and hundreds of locally driven programs across four western states: Alaska, Montana, Oregon and Washington. With multiple Magnet and Pathway to Excellence designations, PH&S is committed to its 100-year mission of serving the poor and vulnerable by providing compassionate care to all who need its services.
Job ID Number: 10473
Facility Name: Providence St. Patrick Hospital
Location Name: Missoula, MT
Brand Name: Providence Health & Services
Provider Profession: Physician/Surgeon
Medical Specialty: Surgery General
Job Setting: Hospital
Type of Role: Clinical
Sub-specialty: Surgery Vascular
Phone Number: (509) 474-6605
Schedule: Full Time
Let's get in touch
If you have questions about this specific job or others, I'm all ears. Send me a note and we'll be one step closer to the right opportunity.
Apply on company website