Providence Medical Group is seeking a part-time Behavioral Health Specialist to join the clinical team at St. Peter Family Medicine (SPFM) in Olympia, Washington. Work within a Patient Centered Medical Home Modeled practice in coordination with primary care providers and staff, and provide care and support for the behavioral health needs of patients. As part of a teaching facility, you also will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the behavioral science curriculum of the Providence St. Peter Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program. In this position you will:
- Provide both patient-centered psychotherapy and integrated behavioral health services to patients of all ages. Bill as appropriate for services.
- Provide behavioral health care that meets a standard of excellence, focuses on providing timely and efficient care that is supported by evidence-based medicine, follows quality outcome processes, and ensures patient safety.
- Administer SPFM behavioral health programs and take the lead in program components as assigned.
- Provide clinical supervision to behavioral health students, interns, associates or other learners in placement at SPFM per licensure guidelines
- Teach and evaluate the progress of family medicine residents according to ACGME competencies.
- Teach essential behavioral science knowledge and skills including mental health assessment, intervention, primary care behavioral health intervention, motivational interviewing, clinical communication skills, interdisciplinary practice and other topics as part of the behavioral science curriculum. Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, or mental health
- Obtain and maintain a valid Washington state license as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP) by the Department of Health of the State of Washington.
- Eligible for appointment to clinical faculty of the UW Medical School.
- Two years of clinical behavioral health care experience
Where You'll Work
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed regional referral center on a 173-acre campus in downtown Olympia. Listed in U.S. News and World Report as one of the top 5 Best Regional Hospitals in Washington for 2019, St. Peter offers a respected family medicine residency program and has a Level III trauma center, as well as a 24-hour stroke service. Providence St. Peter has earned Nursing Magnet status and been ranked in the top 4 percent of hospitals in the nation.
Where You'll Live
Olympia is on the southern tip of scenic Puget Sound, which offers an abundance of activities from beachcombing to salmon fishing to sailing. Olympia and its primary neighboring cities of Tumwater and Lacey have a population of 250,000, offering an abundance of culture, entertainment and an outstanding school system from elementary through university, including The Evergreen State College and Saint Martin's University.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission – to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 16215
Facility Name: Providence St. Peter Hospital
Location Name: Olympia
Brand Name: Providence
Provider Profession: Social Worker
Job Setting: Hospital
Type of Role: Clinical
Phone Number: (425) 525-5994
Schedule: Part Time
Let's get in touch
If you have questions about this specific job or others, I'm all ears. Send me a note and we'll be one step closer to the right opportunity.
Apply on company website