Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council's (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset Manager later this year under ticker symbol "Q". For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Director of Construction provides leadership and direction to all on-site personnel and manages all aspects of up to three different construction projects. The Director of Construction is responsible for the support and supervision of all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approve the weekly and monthly reports on project progress.
- Advise pre-development of construction techniques and job cost.
- Provide oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Execute all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage options list and provide accurate pricing of each.
- Assist the estimating department by providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Coordinate plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Oversee compilation of Guarantee Maximum Price (GMP) documents.
- Execute all aspects of multiple projects from start to finish.
- Direct the Contract Coordinator with compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Aid the Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager, Field Engineer, and Contract Coordinator, including performance evaluations.
- Ensure associates and subcontractors are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Assist Safety/Environmental Director by representing the Company on OSHA inspections.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- At least 6 years prior related work experience in multifamily garden, wrap, mid-rise and high-rise construction.
- Extensive multifamily construction experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred, High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Ability to analyze construction documents, and to read blueprints.
- Comprehension of construction building codes and building methods.
- Advanced knowledge of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, and spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Director of Construction to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.Apply Now
Apply on company website