Job Description Details
You'll feel the energy everywhere in Qurate Retail Group. We are a team of like-minded brands, a world of individuals all driven by a shared passion for bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping, working together with integrity and purpose, in a culture like no other!
The Technical Designer position requires a committed individual with strong technical skills in garment construction and fit. Be responsible for fitting for QVC and HSN apparel. Categories include woven, knits, sweaters intimates, swim wear and outerwear across multiple brands. The role requires skills relating to fit and sample development through effective collaborative relationships, with Designers, Merchants, Vendors and Sourcing. The Technical Designer will communicate directly with our domestic & overseas vendors and factories to identify and resolve manufacturing issues. This individual is responsible for the brands technical fit standards globally through interaction with global technical design counterparts. Day to day responsibilities include creating specs, measuring garments, conducting fits on live fit models and adjusting patterns if necessary. The Technical Designer position requires an individual with strong knowledge of the entire product development process in order to make decisions to achieve the desired results while maintaining positive effects on the business in a complex environment.
- Maintain consistency in fit aesthetic for each brand. Develop, update and utilize library of blocks and patterns to ensure standards are being met to support best fit and to expedite the production process.
- Lead all fit sessions. Fit garments weekly to meet QVC standards and brand integrity with the ability to cut, mark and reconstruct garments during the fitting to show desired fit intent and fit corrections. Ability to adjust patterns, analyze garment construction and workmanship. Measure samples, compare construction and overall execution vs. tech pack requirements.
- Communicate effectively all intended fit corrections and technical information to domestic and international vendors. Issue graded specs to domestic vendors and overseas offices.
- Collaboration - Close working relationships with Design, Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Vendors, and Sourcing to create trend right & cost effective styles in relation to fit & construction.
- Communication and interaction around global proprietary band product fit with internal and external global partners.
- Presentation Skills – Presenting and conducting fits on live models to cross-functional team including teleconference fittings with global markets.
- Maintain responsibility of items return rate and react to any items that return high for fit and analyze findings.
- Work with global teams to understand any return rate opportunities with-in each market for specified brands.
- Maintain the monthly rolling time and action calendar including milestones such as packet completion, sending of fit comments and graded spec approval.
- Required to travel to meet with vendors and suppliers as part of the product development process. Potential for international multi-market travel.
What You Bring
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in fashion design or closely related program,
- Minimum 6-8 years industry experience with-in Technical Design or Patternmaking.
- Understanding of Technical Design process and product construction
- Knowledge of how product is sourced, developed and marketed
- Must understand how to work in PLM System
- Knowledge of garment construction and fitting skills
- Ability to manipulate existing patterns and communicate adjustments to domestic vendors and international factories to reflect changes.
- Proficiency in PC operation, MS office and Excel, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator software
- Career-driven, strong work ethic and high performance standards; able to work in fast paced environment while seeking continual development and growth opportunities.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website