Job Description Details
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Financial Communications, the Communications Financial Analyst will be responsible for tracking company data for quarterly earnings, investor presentations, Investor Relations & Financial Communication (IR&FC) strategic plan, growth estimates, and valuation comparisons. The person within the role will also partner with the Corporate Communications team on data to support corporate narrative and potential storylines to advance our narrative while maintaining strong relationships with Executive and Business Unit leadership and subject matter experts.
Who We Are
Within Qurate Retail Group, the Communications team works with a passion for our customer and a strong desire to make an impact; to innovate for our customers and each other. The team is integral to ensuring team members, in their respective client area, understand what makes us different than other retailers so that they may help us create that difference for our customers every day.
- Track Company data for quarterly earnings, investor presentations, IR&FC strategic plan and investor and analyst targeting, etc.
- Track analyst consensus information
- Review financial models and understand their underlying drivers
- Prepare QRTEA institutional ownership analysis
- Track analyst reports and models
- Assist in drafting company investor scripts and presentations
- Assist in maintaining strong relationships with Executive and BU Leadership, Subject Matter Experts (Merchandise, Consumer Insights, etc.), requisite Corporate functional leads (Accounting, Legal, etc.)
- Track industry research for peer group
- Track peer group performance, growth estimates and valuation comparisons
- Support special projects for executives as required
- Support Investor Relations team with investor and analyst requests as needed
- Ownership of all company stats and proof points for external use
- Collaborate within Corporate Communications team on data to support corporate narrative and potential storylines to advance our narrative.
- Draft internal communications for earnings and other financial disclosures
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you Bring
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- 3-7 years' experience working in either financial analysis (preferred), investor relations, or financial communications
- Experience in Retail or Media industries preferred, with broad understanding of the interrelationship of all financial statements (e.g., Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows) preferred
- Strong finance background, including understanding of financial modeling, the financial markets (including equity and debt), and economic events
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Synthesize data into financial and economic concepts and effectively communicate
- Well organized and ability to handle multiple assignments while meeting assigned deadlines
- Self-starter, able to work independently, while possessing a team attitude
- Able to build relationships across the enterprise
- Brings genuine interest in financial and business media
- Proactive nature, with a natural desire to go the extra mile
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website