Job Description Details
QVC's Utility role is responsible for kitchen organization, cleanliness and kitchen sanitation. Under the direction of the Studio Kitchen Provisions Lead, the Kitchen Utility person will communicate on a daily basis regarding kitchen activity, kitchen duties and needs. This candidate will be a self-motivated individual who has a meticulous approach, attention to details and strong organization skills. This role will be responsible for not only the majority of the dishwashing duties but also receiving and breakdown of product samples, purveyor groceries and other deliveries related to the kitchen department. Maintain and clean all kitchen equipment including dishes, pots, pans, workspaces, utensils, walk-ins, floor, walls, etc. Wash and fold laundry for various departments in Broadcast Studio. This position will work at least up to 20 hours per week and may compliment your full time work schedule.
We are a passionate group of Culinary Professionals who have a keen attention to detail and a high standard for the work we produce. We care about one another, value each other's perspective and ensure team work is at the forefront of what we do.
- Communicates to the Studio Kitchen Supervisor the daily activities of the Kitchen department including kitchen users, food preparation, food items, supplies and equipment on a daily basis.
- Oversees cleaning and maintenance of kitchen equipment and facilities and ensures that all safety regulations are adhered to. Maintain and clean all kitchen equipment including dishes, pots, pans, workspaces, utensils, walk-ins, floors, walls, etc.
- The Kitchen Utility person plays an active role in food utilization to assist in lowering food costs; cross utilization to streamline available inventory and avoid waste. Assists the Inventory Control Chief in breaking down daily inventory delivery and properly wrapping and storing.
- Kitchen Utility person is responsible for handling the laundry for Studio Broadcast Operations.
What You Bring
- Must be available at least 20 hours per week. Working either Wednesday or Sunday is required as peak food days.
- Access to a P/C along with basic computer skills.
- Must be a team player and work in harmony will all the kitchen staff.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be able to interact in a professional manner with on-air guests and clients.
- The Kitchen Utility person must have experience in a diverse kitchen environment, must be self-motivated and at times, work independently. Time management and organizational skills are necessary. Exhibit professionalism and have a meticulous approach to details.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to stand on feel for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website