Job Description Details
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Team Member Relations, the Senior Employee Relations Partner will provide a dedicated, high quality, professional and expert Team Member Relations service to all managers and team members in the relevant market.
This role is responsible for the execution and ownership of site team member relations processes and practices, providing expert consultation and guidance to managers and team members. The team also strives to deliver and ensure appropriate responses to any related employment issues that arise, whilst also working to proactively support and maintain a positive employment climate. This role will lead on specific complex or sensitive cases, and formal processes for manager or above levels.
Who We Are
Team Member Services strives to deliver and ensure there are appropriate responses to any employment related issues/concerns. The team also works to proactively support and maintain a positive employment climate. Team Member Services group offers both online resources and live team member support to anyone who requires assistance with any People-related matter.
- Provide specialist and expert advice, guidance and counsel to managers, supervisors and People function colleagues on all team member relations issues, policy interpretation and questions. To include such issues as conduct, capability (performance and sickness), re-organization, termination of employment, team member complaints and compliance issues
- Where appropriate, engage with appropriate internal or external consultants and advisors, to gain specific legal or best practice advice on specific cases, policy revision, cross market issues, etc, to ensure best advice is provided
- Ensure that any team member relations issues are dealt with in the highest level of confidentiality, professionalism, and sensitivity
- Support managers with the delivery of high quality, robust and consistent formal process outcomes, either verbally or in writing
- In partnership with relevant and appropriate managers, support investigative processes on the most sensitive and complex team member relations situations and complaints, ensuring action is being taken to address these issues (feedback to managers and other stakeholders as appropriate)
- Complete and maintain appropriate logs/trackers/systems, to ensure a full picture of team member relations activity – informal and formal processes, advice given, outcomes issued, inquiries, etc.
- Participate in or lead projects as appropriate, in the proactive enhancement of Qurate Group's team member relations climate, in response to issues, as part of broader People function or business priorities etc.
- Support development of effective team member relations management skill within the business through the development and delivery of appropriate training and education interventions, in partnership with relevant advisors. To include comms updates, drop in surgeries, training courses, Leader “How to” Q&As etc.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Economics, Human Resources, or equivalent qualifications
- 5 - 8 years' experience in an HR Generalist role and 5+ years in a strong Team Member Relations focused role
- Solid understanding and knowledge pertaining to country specific labor laws
- Additional qualification as Business Coach or Mediator is a plus
- Solid decision-making skills
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills including conflict management and negotiation skills
- Ability to present and deliver training to team members
- Highly organized, great time management skills and able to prioritize in a fast paced, high pressured environment
- Project Management skills/experience
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website