Location: Martinsville, VA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
Email me to apply later
The primary responsibilities of a Driver in a fulfillment center are operating motorized equipment up to and including a stock picker, reach truck, pallet jack, dock stocker and turret truck.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to go to a location and pick, pull, put away, or replenish product using a stock picker, reach truck and/or pallet runner.
- Meet production standards and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Work overtime as deemed necessary by management.
- Assist in the daily sanitation of assigned area to insure an efficient, safe, hazard free production environment.
- Report any incident or situation which might cause accident or injury to self or others.
- Exhibit the daily commitment to quality and productivity.
- Meet or exceed company standards on attendance, punctuality, conduct, safety and security.
- Flexibly adapt to changes in process and procedures.
- Flexibly work in various areas of the Fulfillment Center as volume demands including the prep, picking, packing, gift wrap, loading areas etc. as the business requires.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal interaction and social skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, multi-functional and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet departmental objectives.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must adhere to facility requirements regarding the handling of specific products and the reporting of illness. This includes personal hygiene standards, such as frequent hand washing, the storage of lunches / personal items, food in the work area and the wearing of clothes that are free from soil contaminants and holes.
- Other duties as assigned.
The employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds to aid operations. The employee must have good vision and hearing for verbal communication and forklift safety. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts (forklifts and packaging machinery). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
1-2 years' experience and/or training in warehousing or distribution operations
Previous experience in operating powered industrial trucks (forklift, order picker, reach truck)
10 Hire Shifts (6:00am - 4:30pm)
Work Every Other Weekend
Overtime as Needed
Apply on company website