Job ID: 5102
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing support with weekly payroll, certified payroll reporting, monthly AR billing, and a variety of Accounting and Finance duties. The position will work to ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting transactions and information.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with weekly union payroll processing and serve as backup payroll processor to the Office Administrator.
- Validate payroll entries and work with Operations Department and PMs on any discrepancies.
- Interface with the Payroll Department to provide accurate time card information.
- Generate and input weekly certified payroll reports into various web portals.
- Communicate with Project Managers to prepare invoices to customers on a weekly basis.
- Submit invoices to customer and record invoices into system. Invoices will be for a variety of different contract types including Time and Material, Lump Sum, Service Agreements, and Unit Price.
- Generate aging reports and other AR analysis reports; identify critical issues and escalate as appropriate
- Interact with customers to resolve outstanding AR issues.
- Provide administrative support and complete special projects as needed.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience in Construction Finance, Construction Accounting, or Construction Payroll preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with accounting systems; experience working with JD Edwards a plus.
- Knowledge of Union Payroll and Prevailing Wage rules preferred.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable preferred.
- Detail-oriented with strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment with accuracy and timeliness.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Work in an office environment.
- Frequently sit for long periods of time.
- Frequently use a computer keyboard.
- May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website