Job ID: 4963
Operates one or several types of power construction equipment to excavate, move, and grade earth, or to move construction materials and other heavy materials at construction sites
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Sets up heavy construction equipment.
• Operates equipment to grade or redistribute earth.
• Operates equipment to move, load, or unload material.
• Installs equipment or attachments on machinery or related structures.
• Signals directions or warnings to coworkers.
• Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
• Performs equipment safety and maintenance checks.
• Coordinates machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
• Locates underground services, such as pipes and wires, prior to beginning work.
• Repairs and maintains equipment, making emergency adjustments as necessary.
• Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
• Studies instructions, plans, and diagrams to establish work requirements.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered.
• Pushes other equipment when extra traction or assistance is required.
• A minimum of one year experience operating heavy equipment in a construction environment.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
• Ability to read and understand construction specifications.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Works at construction sites.
• Uses hands to handle and control materials, tools and vehicle controls.
• Sits for long periods of time in a closed vehicle.
• Uses repetitive motions.
• Uses close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Moves or lifts heavy equipment and objects up to 50 pounds.
• Uses eye-hand-foot coordination.
• Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website