Job ID: 2422
HSR Constructors is currently seeking a Mechanic for the Virgin Trains USA Phase II Project that runs between West Palm Beach and Cocoa, Florida, with offices located in Melbourne and Ft. Pierce. This 128 mile-long project includes the construction of new track, the rehabilitation and upgrading of existing track; bridges; road crossings; and associated railroad signals work.
HSR Constructors is a joint venture of three of the leading railroad and transit contractors in the nation: Herzog, Stacy and Witbeck, and Railworks; who have joined to construct this fast-paced, high-profile project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports all labor activity involved in maintaining a fleet of civil and railroad equipment.
- Welding, electrical, pneumatics, and hydraulic work on civil and railroad equipment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance, diagnose and repair of equipment as required.
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner.
- Ability to document and track maintenance work orders electronically.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a CDL
- Must have 5 years' experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic
- Must have experience with electrical, diesel mechanics, welding, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Must have 5 years' experience diagnosing problems with Cat/Komatsu/John Deere etc. equipment
- Must be able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Must have personal tools and steel toe boots for the job. (safety vest, glasses and hard hat provided)
- Knowledge of railroad equipment and ability to diagnose equipment-related problems is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report review.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and endorsements as required per position.
- Pass pre-employment DOT physical, medical evaluation, and drug screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position
- This position requires you to pass and maintain a DOT medical evaluation to drive a HSR commercial vehicle.
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety certification and testing on an annual basis.
The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this role. This position will be physically demanding at times. This is a non-exhaustive overview of the physical requirements of this job.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces and vegetation including but not limited to rocks, inclines, beams, mud, wet, ice on a consistent basis, sometimes great distances.
- Must be able to be aware of surroundings and follow verbal commands while being exposed to moderately loud noises on a daily basis.
- Must be able to adapt to various temperature extremes including but not limited to heat, cold, moisture and wind.
- Must be able to operate hand controls and drive various construction equipment on the job.
- Able to carry various equipment, parts, and tools across uneven surfaces.
- Able to grasp or squeeze various equipment and tools
- Able to ascend/descend stairs
- Able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs
- Able to tolerate repetitive and static movements, including but not limited to squatting, bending, overhead reaching, etc.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a safety sensitive work environment.
- Reporting any and all safety violations to your immediate supervisor is a prerequisite for continued employment. Safety diligence by all results in a safe work environment for all.
If you are interested in applying for this position click the Apply button below.
It is the policy of HSR Constructors to provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, age, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website