Job ID: 4781
Repairs and maintains heavy construction equipment, rail maintenance of way equipment and other company assets, including but not limited to dump trucks, bulldozers, excavators, grapple trucks, backhoes, and small tools. Performs work in accordance with manufacturers' specifications, company standards and safety standards.Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Operates and inspects machines or heavy equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Tests mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Dismantles and reassembles heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Adjusts and repairs ignition, fuel, electrical, hydraulic and steering systems.
- Maintains and repairs chassis, frames and bodies.
- Repairs and maintains diesel and gasoline engines.
- Maintains and repairs tires, batteries, brakes and valves.
- Assists with inspections and safety checks.
- Works with hoisting and jacking equipment, power tools, measuring instruments, gauges and meters.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Travels to field locations to provide repairs or maintenance.
- Prepares detailed maintenance and repair records.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the skilled mechanical repair of construction equipment.
- A valid Commercial driver's license (CDL) and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to read and understand procedural instructions and manuals.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in shop and field environments
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite preferred (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as standing, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending and handling of materials, equipment and tools.
- Uses hands and fingers to grasp, manipulate, and/or assemble objects and tools.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website