Job ID: 2421
HSR Constructors is currently seeking a Lowboy Truck Driver for the Virgin Trains USA Phase II Project that runs between West Palm Beach and Cocoa, Florida, with offices located in Melbourne and Ft. Pierce. This 128 mile-long project includes the construction of new track, the rehabilitation and upgrading of existing track; bridges; road crossings; and associated railroad signals work.
HSR Constructors is a joint venture of three of the leading railroad and transit contractors in the nation: Herzog, Stacy and Witbeck, and Railworks; who have joined to construct this fast-paced, high-profile project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of construction equipment
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle prior to operation
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
- Drive truck equipped with different trailer combinations
- Maintain completed pre and post trip DVIR
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Class A CDL license
- Must be familiar with the safe operation of construction equipment
- Able to work day or night shifts as required
- Knowledge of all USDOT & FMCSA safety regulations
- Experience with airbrakes and standard transmission
- Ability to calculate weights of equipment with truck/trailer combo to stay within DOT permitting restrictions and guidelines
- Knowledge of FMCSA cargo securement rules and regulations
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report review.
- Pass pre-employment DOT physical, medical evaluation, and drug screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position.
- This position requires you to pass and maintain a DOT medical evaluation to drive a HSSR commercial vehicle.
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety certification and testing on an annual basis.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet.); uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces over sometimes great distances;
- Use hands to perform activities involving grasping, turning holding and pulling
- Able to work in conditions with loud noise, work around heavy/ moving machinery/ bend, walk, and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow; hear and distinguish auditory signals
- Available to work a 40 hour work week subject to overtime, on call and alternate shifts that may include weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Reporting any and all safety violations to your immediate supervisor is a prerequisite for continued employment. Safety diligence by all results in a safe work environment for all.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click the Apply button below.
It is the policy of HSR Constructors to provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, age, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website