Job ID: 508
Oversees the quality control programs of construction projects. Manages the activities of the quality control team to ensure that the work product meets the standards as set forth in the contracts and other specification documents.Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops, implements and maintains company and project-specific quality control programs and processes to meet or exceed quality goals, expectations and plans.
- Oversees quality testing and inspections; evaluates engineering, procurement, and construction activities through reviews, audits, assessments, and inspections to minimize risk and to assess effectiveness of quality control programs.
- Identifies quality-related project training needs, develops materials, and oversees training.
- Provides certification of compliance of construction and materials with design plans and specifications; oversees the submittal of final certification documents.
- Conducts periodic site visits to review field QC effectiveness.
- Interacts with other quality professionals as well as management team members on all quality issues; effectively identifies and resolves issues.
- Oversees discrepancy reports, determines dispositions, tracks resolution progress and verifies completion prior to project closure.
- Directs the removal and replacement of non-conforming work and ceases production that is not in compliance with contract standards.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates contractor and supplier activities, products, and reports for adherence to quality procedures and standards, project specifications, and applicable codes.
- Identifies gaps and potential changes in quality standards that affect project operations.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews and reports on the impact of new or revised regulatory requirements on the project quality program/plan.
- Develops and analyzes metrics to measure effectiveness of quality control programs, and reports results.
- Hires, trains, and manages performance of staff.
- Handles quality-related recordkeeping and reporting.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction quality programs.
- Knowledge of construction contracts, plans, specifications and applicable codes.
- Experience with quality program implementation, measurement, and reporting.
- Experience with effectively identifying and resolving quality-related issues.
- Exhibits strong management skills and has the ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and training skills.
- Effective client relations, influencing skills and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Works outdoors at construction sites and as well as indoors.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
- Sits, reads, writes and uses a keyboard.
- May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- May be exposed to loud noise.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled).
Apply on company website