Job ID: 1702
Thermite Welders repair railroad track in a heavy construction environment.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Experienced in Railtech Boutet, Inc., Orgo-Thermit, Inc. Thermite Welding Processes
• Experienced in the use of Oxygen/Propane cutting and preheating processes
• Experienced in general railroad track work; such as; rail cutting, rail measuring, rail removal, rail replacement, switch configuration, track construction and restoration.
• Basic track work duties; spiking, anchoring and surfacing
• Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
• Operates equipment per safety policies, rules and regulations.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Keeps records and prepares reports of maintenance work.
•A minimum of 2 years of Thermite Welding experience in a heavy railroad industrial environment.
•Thorough knowledge of the Thermite Welding process and procedures.
•Certified by Contractor Orientation, ERail Safe and Railway Maintenance Machine Operation
•Experienced in reporting daily activities to supervision via paper or electronic means provided by the employer: such as iPad usage.
•Experienced in managing an employee; Welder Helper
•Experienced in communicating with railroad personnel regarding job briefs and completion of task at hand.
•Ability to look at a problem and recommend the best and most cost effective means for repair.
•Ability to understand and follow safety policies, rules and regulations.
•100% Travel through out the US.
•Works outdoors at railroad construction sites.
•Frequently works in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
•Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches.
•Uses hands to operate equipment and tools.
•Performs heavy physical labor; may lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
•Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather.
•Exposed to loud noise, dust and fumes.
•Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection as required by the company.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website