Job ID: 506
Responsible for the safe operation of industrial trucks in the transport and delivery of construction materials to railroad construction jobsites, warehouses, or storage yards.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Operates commercial trucks on public roadways in accordance with prevailing traffic laws and regulations, and according to company safety policies.
• Operates trucks in the loading and off-loading of materials.
• Inventories and inspects goods to be moved to confirm quantities and conditions.
• Secures cargo for transport.
• Maneuvers trucks into loading or unloading positions, checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
• Hauls backhoes, rollers and other small equipment as well as rail equipment and material.
• Following experience would be a plus; Truck/trailer, lowboys ,drop-neck and flat-bed stretch trailers.
• Preferred experience: Roll-back, tilt-deck and dump-truck.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Assists with lifting/moving, loading/unloading transported materials as needed.
• Documents vehicle deficiencies and provides notice to maintenance department.
• Operates equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience operating commercial motor vehicles in a railroad construction or related environment.
• A valid Commercial Driver's License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
• Must be able to travel
• Uses hands to handle and control materials, tools and vehicle controls.
• Frequently sits for long periods of time in a closed vehicle.
• Uses repetitive motions.
• Uses close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Ability to move or lift heavy materials up to 50 pounds.
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• May be exposed to loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)
Apply on company website