A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team. As part of Rain Bird's Controls division,this role reflects the expanding workflow needs of our growing embedded firmware team in San Diego and Tucson AZ. This role is an influential opportunity to help the organization grow efficiently and ensure that the entire engineering team meets and exceeds product development targets and be the point of contact, initiator and implementer for a range of DevOps responsibilities for the multi-site firmware team, be the firmware DevOps touch point for other teams.
- Actively listen, assess and analyze requirements for current and unmet build management, workflow and internal customer needs
- Pro-actively assess new projects using external vendors and ensure workflow, configuration management and toolchain plans are in place and suitable for Rain Bird
- Create concrete proposals for improvements to the existing systems
- Understand the existing configuration management methodologies, assess, propose and implement improvements while maintaining development workflow integrity
- Design, implement, document, and provide training for a streamlined server based automated Build System used in generating firmware releases for development, system validation testing & production
- Support and manage mission critical Perforce installation, database, backups
- Ensure five 9's uptime
- Maintain, support and update existing build systems, scripts and repositories ensure high availability and maintain data integrity
- Develop best practices in conjunction with functional leads. Help drive these through technology development, integration, training and documentation
- Review, understand and create missing documentation for the existing build systems
- Assess hardware and tools platform needs on an ongoing basis, work with leads to ensure that these are planned for and budgeted for within the annual IS budget
- Minimum of 7 years working in a software/firmware development engineering environment
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years developing/maintaining automated build systems
- Minimum of 2 years working heavily with complex configuration management situations
Experience with multiple of the following (please include all on your resume with experience level):
- Perforce, Subversion, Git
- Microsoft Visual Studio, IAR Toolchains, Microsoft Visual Basic
- Ant/NAnt and Team City, Octopus
- Cruise Control (CCNet), Jenkins, MSBuild
- Perl, Awk, Python, C, C++, Java
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must have good written and verbal communications skills
- Experience using embedded toolchains such as IAR Embedded Workbench
- Experience using Visual Studio C++ and C# toolchains
Location: The position is based out of our San Diego location in Kearny Mesa. Limited travel to Tucson will be required (3%-10%) Company laptop will be provided.
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
An example of our amazing products is the ESP-TM2 Controller, which was released in the Spring of 2017. This controller is quickly gaining market share and our customers are telling us that the easy-to-use app and Wi-Fi functionality is exceeding expectations since it ensures customers can control their watering systems from anywhere. As a team, we are continuously working on several controller projects for both large and small-scale irrigation systems.
Rain Bird is and Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website