Rehab America offers physical, speech and occupational therapies in partnership with skilled nursing facilities and other healthcare providers. A division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc., Rehab America's therapists employ a team-based approach to help adults recover functional abilities and independence after surgery, injury or medical crisis. To learn more, visit RehabAmericaInc.com.
The Rehab Tech is a non-professional position that will be trained on the job to assist the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Therapist. This position is responsible for performing various tasks as requested by coordinating therapists.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Assists therapists with Rehab treatments as needed and under their direct supervision
- Transports patients using correct safety measures as instructed
- Cleans and maintains equipment, treatment areas, and storage areas in an orderly condition
- Assists therapist in setting up patients for treatments and assisting with exercise as outlined by the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Therapist
- Assists with filing, charge tickets, answering phones, running end of the month reports
- Will strive to help each discipline maintain a certain productivity standard
- Will maintain credentials as required by Rehab America (TB test, Physical)
- Must complete required paperwork for Tennessee License Board before assisting the Speech Therapist with patient care
- Must be able to interact verbally and professionally with all Rehab team members including, but not limited to PT, OT, ST, nursing assistants, nursing staff, and nursing home administrators
- Ability to learn various therapeutic principles.
- Able to follow written and verbal direction accurately
- Safety conscious
- High School diploma required
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required
Required Computer Software/Equipment Used:
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to learn HRIS and/or scheduling systems
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Does not have direct supervisory responsibilities
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Apply on company website