Company: Remedy Intelligent Staffing
Location: Avon, NY
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
- Perform essential functions of the case packer and packaging operators during regular operator's absence.
- Verbally communicate with the previous operator regarding prior shift's activities (problems that occurred, etc.).
- Assist previous shift operators with clean up, if needed.
- Responsible for start up, including checking silos, shakers, and metal detectors. Ensure the code date is correct, glue pot has correct temperature and is full. Take carton tare weights.
- Performs metal detector checks as required and documents checks on the Company provided forms.
- Ensure we are using the correct code date on cartons and cases including checking format coding on the printer.
- Check that all area totes are in place and used correctly.
- Perform changes in format for machines.
- Keep machines clean.
- Clean up and break down of cartons or cases.
- Transport cartons and cardboard to the compactor for recycling. Responsible for loading and unloading compactor.
- Relieve other packaging operators for breaks.
- Monitor video codes associated with the bagger and case packers to ensure cases are being marked with correct product name, format number, clock time, UPC number and product code.
- Complete quality checks on glue seals and line, product dates, metal detector to ensure quality assurance in represented.
- Continuously monitor the bagging machine to ensure proper seals and to identify potential mechanical problems. Monitor the quality of the bagged product and remove any damaged goods.
- Check the product in the shaker on an hourly basis to ensure quality standards are secure.
- Effectively communicate with forklift driver to replenish necessary supplies.
- Communicate with Quality Assurance technician or supervisor regarding any questionable product.
- Communicate with Maintenance technicians and other packaging operators as needed to resolve line problems.
Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED is required for this position.
- Previous work experience in production or food manufacturing and a general working knowledge of computers is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and good manufacturing practices preferred
- Knowledge of food safety is a plus
- Follows policies and procedures, and addresses quality and food safety issues as they occur.
- The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, stoop, bend, climb, twist 90-180°, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- This position involves standing 100% of the shift.
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve is required.
- The individual must possess the ability to read and interpret a computer screen and associated peripherals.
- The hearing ability necessary for communication and to differentiate operational problems on the machines is required.
- The individual will spend 100% of the shift on the production floor with the exception of work breaks, meetings and certain training.
Apply on company website