Location: Pasadena, CA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
Email me to apply later
- Design, setup, configure, and implement new server and systems
- Manage and maintain Unix servers, Storage, and backup systems
- Provide day to day support and administration of severs, backup and restores, and others
- Monitor and ensure server and systems are operating at peak performance
- Apply patches and vulnerability fixes to servers and applications
- Coordinate with team and KP-IT on projects
- Perform Quarter Audit Report (QAR)
- Trouble shoot and fix server and network issues
- Policies and SOPs revision/development and training
- IDC environment documentation as needed
- 8+ years of experience working with Unix/Linux server environment.
- Extensive Solaris [10,11] - Experience in LDOMs and Hypervisor
- Working experience with RedHat, SuSE, and others
- Extensive experience in system high-availability and parallel design architecture
- Working experience in patching OS both manually and from Vendor tools and ability to analyze specific patches for needs.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Experience in building Solaris Systems from scratch as well as recovery from failures
- Strong knowledge of Solaris Kernel tuning, especially in DB and SAS environments.
- Good experience with Oracle hardware platforms like SPARC series.
- Strong shell scripting (bash and korn shell)
- Hand on experience in working with SAN and switching technologies (EMC) including management configuration of brocade switches, LUNs, HBAs, etc.
- Working experience with TCP-IP, VLANs, Firewalls, DNS, Authentication, NFS, etc.
- Experience administrating and supporting servers that are mission CRITICAL.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux security best practices
- Scripting knowledge and proficiency including shell, Perl, etc.
Apply on company website