Provide timely and accurate verification/processing of the daily delivery driver invoices, associated paperwork, returns and collections. Depending on the size of the operation, the driver check-in position will reconcile up to twenty five drivers daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Verify all collections from the daily routes of driver, ensuring that the payments are accurate, signed and dated.
- Properly code all invoices compliant with company policy, using Route Rec technology. Write off items out of inventory that are defective or damaged and dispose of goods.
- Verify all driver product returns, pickups, credits, etc., to ensure that the returned item matches the associated paperwork. Ensure that returned goods are placed on the appropriate pallets in the returns area to speed put away in the warehouse. In WMS operations, they will be scanning the items to the RLPN for inventory tracking.
- Verify all goods that are to be reshipped are accounted for and placed in the appropriate reship area within the warehouse. Communicate to the necessary parties regarding the reships and ensure the proper paperwork gets to the transportation supervisor or router for the reships.
- Communicates any truck maintenance issues to transportation or fleet maintenance that are discovered on the daily pre and post trip documents that are turned in.
- Assist in the process of putting away returned product from previous day's deliveries as needed.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance duties of the driver check-in area.
- Prepare the driver return area daily to allow for timely processing of drivers through the area.
- Observe safe product handling techniques. Cooperates with management and peers alike.
- Is punctual and consistently available for work. Typically this positon will report after noon for work and remain into early to mid-evening.
- Performs various other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience, preferably one year delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read & comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, & memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in 1 on 1 & small group situations to customers, clients, & other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, & decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, & percent & to draw & interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Abillity to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variable in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Required to obtain certification and safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally site, reach with hand and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or human conditions, mechanical equipment and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Apply on company website