Conduct all maintenance activities on the company's conveyor and warehouse facility. Will also assist in minor forklift repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs/assists with repairs to the conveyor ensuring the system is maintained in operating condition at all times. Provides information, data, and recommendations regarding conveyor operations in order to anticipate, if not eliminate, potential for problems.
- Maintains and assures conveyor is operating safely and properly.
- Perform troubleshooting, repair, and replace: motors, VFD's, PLC's, fuses, proximity switches, chains, drives, photocells, solenoids, gear boxes, etc.
- Be familiar and comfortable with electricity up to 480V.
- Be familiar and comfortable with A/C and D/C electricity.
- Be familiar and comfortable with power tools.
- Complete nightly checklist during multiple tours of the warehouse.
- Stick welding experience is a plus.
- Determines the instances when outside mechanical personnel are needed to make repairs beyond our in-house capability.
- If need, perform maintenance and repairs on the entire facility including but not limited to lighting repair and replacement, minor plumbing problem, general building mechanical issues, etc.
- If need, performs minor mechanical duties on company forklifts, stockpickers, reachtrucks and pallet jacks.
- On the job training will be provided to the chosen candidate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively.
- Delegation - Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment - Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent education and experience. 2-3 years previous maintenance or related experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts.
Other Requirements: Basic knowledge in electrical and plumbing, forklifts, order pickers, and electric floor jacks, general knowledge of both belt and air-driven conveyor systems and strong mechanical aptitude.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and as such, it is our policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age (40 and over), national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected status where otherwise qualified. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Apply on company website