Immediate need for an experienced Assembly Lead for growing south Austin manufacturer!
Temp to Hire (eligible for hire after 60 days0 - Pay dependent on experience - Day shift
Position Description: Vessel Assembly Lead
• Assembly and sub-assembly of components and mechanical parts according to drawings and blueprints.
• Communicate with co-workers who have experience with specific customer requirements.
• Communicate job material shortages or specification discrepancies which could impact completion of an assignment.
• Maintain cleanliness of work and common areas.
• Return all unused components to mechanical supervisor or department manager.
• Work on multiple major projects of the highest complexity while supporting day to day urgent needs of customers or production.
• Long range planning on multiple major projects including tracking and quality control.
• Assists and supports team through completion and into FAT for projects.
• Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity and creativity. Broad knowledge about the function and operation of all assembly groups and cross trained in another operational areas of execution.
• Ensures all work performed meets required safety specifications and is properly inspected and tested.
• Ability to flex between assignments while maintaining schedules of completion.
• Competence to take the vessel from start to completion with no errors and minimal waste of materials.
• Exercises independent initiative/ judgment in setting & implementing goals.
• Able to effectively train people assigned to his/her work group.
• Manage EOD close by securing tools, equipment and materials while maintaining work areas and stations in clean orderly fashion.
• Communicate clearly and concisely with Supervisor or Manager regarding subordinates assigned to your work-station or area.
Skills and Essential Duties:
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings
- Ability to read technical instructions to properly install various components
- Ability to move and lift components weighing 50 lbs. minimum
- Sufficient math ability to calculate proper dimensions and specifications
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Detail oriented and close attention to accuracy
- Ability to use hand tools including but not limited to rulers, tape measure, calipers, micrometers, screwdrivers, tee square, machinist square, wrenches, pliers and a variety of saws, lifts, etc.
- Ability to use power tools including but not limited to drill, tap, hole saw, jig saw, reciprocating saw
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate assembly components.
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with coworkers as part of a team
- Consistent, on time and regular attendance is essential to maintain the production schedule
- 4+ years of work experience in complex machine assembly
- 2-year trade school degree is preferred
- Background in industrial automation is a plus
- FRP knowledge highly desired
Apply on company website