We are currently seeking a Purchasing Manager forour corporate offices in Auburn Hills, MI. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for supporting the corporateoffice and all field offices throughout the United States. This role will have some interaction with ourInternational operations where leveraging the total Company's buying power isadvantageous.
· Maintaining the purchasing policy and ensuringthat all purchases adhere to it.
· Coordinate and purchase materials or other goodsand administer activities involved with procuring goods and services, such asmaterials, equipment, tools, parts, service contracts and supplies.
· Choosing the suppliers that the company willdeal with and maintaining the interaction with them. Lead and support supplier negotiationsfor purchase or lease of equipment, materials, supplies, products, orservices. Identifies and maintains productive relations with vendors.
· Managing any SLA's (Service Level Agreements)that may be in place and managing any Master Agreements between the suppliersand the company.
· Develop, review, and analyze purchasing or costdata and trends to assist company personnel with forecasting current and futureneeds. Generate cost trend and forecast data for major commoditiesreflecting market conditions. Develop and maintain accurate databaseinformation for supplier profiles, cost trends, services and inventory levels.
· Create and maintain monthly or periodic reportsof purchasing and usage activity and participate in supplier audits as required.
· Contact company personnel and vendors, regardingorder, delivery or shipping status to ensure that merchandise, supplies, andequipment delivery is expedited. Monitor supplier performance andinitiate action plans to improve performance where needed.
· Liaison with other departments, particularly theaccounting, IT, repair and print departments.
· Budgeting, costing and cost saving afterreviewing the management information available.
· Bachelor's Degree required.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a relatedposition.
· Prefer analytical experience in retail, businessservices, or a financial institution.
· Self-motivated and able to effectively interactwith Senior Management on a daily basis.
· Ability to work with all levels of the organizationis critical to success
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Apply on company website