Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for todays world. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to secure IP and cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. With 64 locations in 27 countries around the globe, the companys innovative, market-leading portfolio empowers service providers and enterprises with rapid service creation in a fully virtualized environment. The companys Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) delivers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded communications capabilities that enables this transformation. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com
The Director of Business Development is responsible for the qualification, development and ongoing management of ecosystem vendor and partner relationships. This individual will own the overall relationship with Microsoft and be responsible for the following:
- Defining and executing a strategy to partner more closely with Microsoft and win more Microsoft business
- Increasing awareness of Ribbons Microsoft certified solutions through local User Group meetings, Microsoft events, co-marketing initiatives with other alliance partners, and more
- Driving engagement between the Microsoft Voice Technical Sales Professionals and Ribbons Sales Team
- Managing Ribbons partnership status with Microsoft and ensuring all requirements are met
- Providing input to the PLM team on product requirements for Microsoft certified solutions
- Working with the Solutions Marketing team to develop marketing collateral for Ribbons partners
- Identifying other Microsoft partners Ribbon should partner with
In addition to managing the Microsoft relationship, the Director of Business Development will also own other Technology Alliance Partnerships. Partner Solutions Partner product integrations, interoperability certifications, inbound/outbound OEM solutions, etc. are managed like products and follow a product definition, development and launch process that ensures the desired market impact and resource ROI objectives are fully realized. The Director of Business Development will report to the Vice President of Business Development and will work to ensure that key activities are defined and managed across four parallel tracks:
- Co-Development coordinate with Product Management, Engineering and the Interop Team to define integration and interoperability requirements, oversee development projects, and document Partner Solutions.
- Co-Marketing collaborate with Ribbon and Partner marketing teams to communicate Partner Solutions, develop and publish Partner Sales Kits (sales presentations, solution briefs, whitepapers, etc.), drive lead generation programs, and coordinate joint PR initiatives.
- Co-Selling drive Ribbon and Partner Sales/SE Team alignment, education and joint sales activities. Coordinate Partner solution training programs, including Sales positioning, pricing, and customer delivery/support models. Pair Ribbon and Partner sales resources across regions, build and manage a customer pipeline. Create and drive channel maps with Partners to increase the reach of Partner solutions.
- Co-Delivery ensure that Professional Services, Technical Support and channel deployment teams are properly trained to implement and support Partner Solutions. Coordinate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between Ribbon and Partner entities to clarify 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support responsibilities for Partner Solutions.
Keyword: BD role
- BA/BS Degree in Business or Engineering preferred, with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience partnering with Microsoft Voice TSPs and/or other Microsoft partners.
- Prior experience in High Tech business development and/or product management.
- Prior experience in Unified Communications and/or Networking industries preferred.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must work well cross functionally with highest level of professionalism.
From: Ribbon Communications
Apply on company website