About Ribbon (Nasdaq: RBBN)
We deliver global real-time communications software and network solutions to service providers, enterprises, and critical infrastructure sectors. We engage deeply with our customers, helping them modernize their networks for improved competitive positioning and business outcomes in todays smart, always-on and data-hungry world. Our innovative, end-to-end solutions portfolio delivers unparalleled scale, performance, agility and automation and includes optical and packet networking, core to edge IP solutions, UCaaS/ CPaaS cloud offers, and leading-edge software security and analytics tools.
To learn more, visit rbbn.com
Ribbon Technical Support (RTS) engineer is a Customer facing-technical support position responsible of resolving complex technical issues in customers in-service systems carrying live VoIP/TDM network traffic. RTS engineer is responsible of evaluating, troubleshooting, reproducing, investigating and determining a solution using available resources.
- Comply customers signed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) by delivering accurate, timely and high quality solutions. RTS engineers belong to an international team responsible for correcting all non-product defect issues in accordance to SLA.
- Documenting all technical activities in a database ticketing system that allows customers to open and follow up failure reports. Once cases are solve, they will be close according to customer approval.
- Breadth of knowledge in data networks, including 3rd party devices, is required to isolate issues quickly in complex and sophisticated networks.
- Extensive knowledge of multiple Carrier VoIP, applications and unique customer networks across Ribbon portfolio will be learn to ensure timely and accurate fault isolation and resolution.
- RTS engineer will interface directly with internal/external customers, other vendors and Product/Design teams when software fixes are required. Excellent English language skills are essential to achieve an effective communications with customers and Ribbon internal teams.
- Attend direct calls from customers reporting failures and work with them on getting solutions according to the reported severity. RTS engineer will normally provide assistance via phone, email/IM by remotely accessing customer networks.
- RTS engineer is responsible of ensuring customer reports resolution, updating promptly and timely following high quality documentation standards to meet customer and corporate standards.
Keyword: Soporte Tcnico
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A BS degree in Electronics and Telecommunications, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering is a requirement.
- Position requires strong English communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively as part of an international and multicultural team.
- Experience with operating systems such as Red Hat, Solaris, Linux and Windows is required.
- Five years of experience support communications technology and customers is required for this position. Good skills in Telecommunications Protocols (SIP, VoIP, IP, H323, R2, ISUP, Megaco, etc) and Troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, etc) is required. Experience with GENBAND or Sonus equipment its a plus.
- Problem solving skills, self-organized, effective time management, service and customer oriented attitudes are required.
- Develop the ability to work under pressure by having a strong attention to details on complex and critical situations while remaining focused.
- Willing to learn new technologies and deepen on customer networks knowledge; strong self-learning and self-motivation skills are required.
From: Ribbon Communications
Apply on company website